Sunday 3 May 2020

British Reinforcements

As is common to all commanders who have just lost a battle I have called for reinforcements to my British army. I felt during the test game that if only I had one more infantry unit, I would have swept the Boers from the field!

I have completed the first batch of figures for the next unit; these are more from the superb Raventhorpe Miniatures range. The British ‘standing at ready’ are BO19 and the officer is BO21. At the same time, I couldn’t resist painting the very nice Boer Commandant figure BO08.

When finished the unit will be nominally designated as the 1st Devonshire Regiment who fought at Elandslaagte.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, how are your troops coming on?

      Delete
  2. Nice work there IAN- The Boer War is certainly interesting - and more so with your 1st Devonshire Regt. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev, it is a fascinating period.

      Delete
  3. The British do need beefing up for all this frontal assault stuff.

    ReplyDelete