Saturday 13 November 2021

Final Boer Commando

This will probably be the last Boer unit that I paint for this project as I can’t see that I’ll ever be able to use more than four Commandos on my 6’ x 4’ table given the way my rules play.

The figures are mostly from the excellent range by Raventhorpe Miniatures with a couple from Newline Designs thrown in to make up the numbers. The Raventhorpe Boers are lovely little sculpts full of character and movement and a joy to paint.

The unit will nominally be known as the Raventhorpe Commando in my OOB.

11 comments:

  1. Perhaps they might refer to themselves as the Kraaidorp Kommando?
    I do like these but I hope they've not delayed completion of those Austrian Kürassier as I have a feeling they may be needed soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I get it - crows not ravens! Good name I may well adopt it.

      Don't worry about the cuirassiers they are finished and just going through the basing regime.

      Delete
    2. According to Google translate Afrikaans uses Kraai for Raven and Crow.

      Delete
    3. Actually seems it's Raaf in Afrikaans, so Raafdorp Kommando would be more accurate, although it doesn't sound as good. Oddly if I reverse the translator and type in raaf it comes up as raven but not vice versa... go figure.

      Delete
    4. I definitely thing Kraaidorp sounds the best!

      Delete
  2. Nice painting there IAN- well done indeed. You've done a great job on this Project. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev, it's nice when a project gets near to completion!

      Delete
  3. Suitably treacherous looking ruffians indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, I'm sure they'll be pleased to hear that!

      Delete
  4. A beautiful unit Ian, they really look ready to take on any force the British can put on the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brad, hopefully they'll be appearing at Modder River soon - that's if the British can spot them!

      Delete