Wednesday 20 September 2023

Map Revision

As I started to think more about some campaign rules, I realised that the map I had drawn needed to be shifted slightly to the north to allow for the historical lines of approach of the Transvaal Boers. So, I have redrawn the thing taking it 2 hexes further north which adds an extra crossing of the Buffalo River at Wool’s Drift.



I also took the opportunity to add in Isandlwana (well, I had to, didn’t I?) and Majuba has also crept in at the top. Maybe a second battle of Rorke’s Drift is on the cards?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a good change Ian, the more possibilities, the better! Now, what comes next? I look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brad, next I'll be sorting out the OOB's and deploying the various forces on the map, hopefully I'll post on this quite soon!

      Delete
  2. Stop toying with us! Get the troops out and on the march across the map, Ladysmith can't hold out forever. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladysmith? No danger there! The British plan is to advance and throw the Boers back across the Buffalo River, what could possibly go wrong?

      Delete