Tuesday 23 January 2024

Dannhauser - The Aftermath

The British lost a total of 45 figures during the battle which was quite a way under their break-point of 67. The losses to the Boers, whilst smaller, are probably more critical including the Long Tom and a Pom-Pom wiped out. The breakdown of casualties is given below:


I carried out die rolls for casualty recovery and then redistributed figures from disbanded units to other units as follows:

9 figures from the King's Liverpool were added to the Gloucesters and the remaining 6 to the Manchesters.
3 figures from the German Corps were added to the Boksburg Commando.

Having totted up all the VPs for both sides incredibly it stands at a draw of 15VPs each!

I hope to return to the campaign in the future but for the moment I will be taking a break. Thanks for your interest and all the comments as these really do help motivate me in a solo project like this.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

15 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this blog Ian, it is my favorite, and I follow quite a few! I will look forward to your next post, whenever that may be, it's always well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been a very interesting and unusual campaign , thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not an attractive exchange rate but at least the tide appears to have turned. Really enjoyed this, it's not a period you see gamed often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob, it's a period I have been interested in since I started wargaming so it is good to see it come to fruition.

      Delete
  4. Time for Winter Quarters, but the morning papers reports have been splendid reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be looking forward to the second volume of your history of the conflict, Ian! In the meantime, I have a Street's Long Tom to put together for my Imperial Chinese Army for my Boxer Rebellion games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. The Long Tom is a great model and I'm sure you'll have fun with it!

      Delete
  7. That was a nail gripping tour de force, looking for the next thrilling instalment of "Tales from the Veldt"!

    ReplyDelete