Thursday 1 December 2022

More Highlanders

After a herculean effort I have managed to complete a second Highlander unit for the British forces. Highlanders do look great, but painting tartan is something of a chore. They don’t represent a specific regiment and can stand in for any unit from the Highland Brigade depending on the scenario.

The figures are all by Jacklex* and this time I have used the 'flappy seagull' running figure which is one of my favourite poses in the range.

*A big shout out to Mark of Jacklex for his superb service and support for this project!

13 comments:

  1. Nice work there on the Highlanders IAN- great work on the Tartan- very fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev, the tartan is impressionistic to say the least but still takes a surprisingly long time to paint.

      Delete
  2. You've got a beautiful "flock" there Ian! The Jacklex figures are great and your paint job is excellent! I think that the kilts look just right, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brad, hopefully the flock will have some success at Magersfontein!

      Delete
  3. The 'flappy seagull' pose is ideal for routing figures - there's a picture in Monty's 'A History of Warfare' (1st Boer War) for which these would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, my brother had a copy of that book many years ago but sadly its not in my library now.

      Delete
    2. Sorry not meant to be anonymous. My copy is highly treasured - a pretty poor history but inspirational stuff from my early wargaming days (still is).

      Delete
  4. A cracking looking unit Ian…
    I think the subdued tartan works really well…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, that's it for tartan for this project - hooray!

      Delete
  5. I know you probably have enough but thought you might just be interested in some HH to bolster the Brits. There's a couple of lots from this seller on eBay.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234858701742?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, you are leading me into temptation!

      Delete
    2. No I didn’t but did you see the prices they went for!!!

      Delete